a girl who doesn't know what to do with her blog but loves photography, films, music, books and art.

20110119

2010 films

this are some of my favourite films from 2010.


Photobucket
i watched a bunch of films in 2010, more than my hole life. this was the year that i became obsessed with films. i wish i had the time and the patient to put them all here but... i don't have, so i'm just going to talk about eight of them.




Photobucket
01 the imaginarium of doctor parnassus

Tony: If Doctor Parnassus can really control people's mind, why isn't he ruling the world,then? Eh? Why bother with this little... side show?
Anton: 'Side show'? He don't... he don't want to rule the world. He wants the world to rule itself!


I had quite a few high expectations for this film, the cast is amazing and of course was the last film heath ledger did and I think that’s remarkable to all his fans (like me). This movie is freaking amazing. The plot is too good, the acting is precious and what they did to cover heath’s dead was awesome, really smart as well done – and as a reward we had johnny deep and jude law, wohoo! (don't really like colin farrell)




Photobucket
02 an education

Jenny: Studying is hard and boring. Teaching is hard and boring. So, what you're telling me is to be bored, and then bored, and finally bored again, but this time for the rest of my life? This whole stupid country is bored! There's no life in it, or color, or fun! It's probably just as well the Russians are going to drop a nuclear bomb on us any day now. So my choice is to do something hard and boring, or to marry my... Jew, and go to Paris and Rome and listen to jazz, and read, and eat good food in nice restaurants, and have fun! It's not enough to educate us anymore Ms. Walters. You've got to tell us why you're doing it.


k, I watch this film so many times by now, it’s not even funny. I feel so much like jenny, I kinda see myself in her. i also have that unquenchable thirst to know more, read more, see more, travel more and, like jenny, I have parents that doesn’t really find that interesting. While I watch, I see jenny making big mistakes: fall in love with a guy she barely know, much older than her, leaving school but I’m always thinking “wish it was me, wish it was me, wish it was me” just because she made mistakes, yes, but at the end she know more, she read more, she saw more, she traveled more than before.



Photobucket
003 flipped

Bryce: She's laughing. How could she sit there and laugh and look so beautiful?


this is the sweetest film I ever saw. If you see the trailer you probably gonna be like “a love story about two kids in the 60s? really?” but it’s better than it sounds, I promise! It’s so cute and humorous and a “feel good” type of film.


Photobucket
004 tangled

Rapunzel: Who are you, and how did you find me?
Flynn Rider: I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say... Hi. How you doin'?


I don’t want to say much about tangled because just came out (at least in Portugal) and I don’t want to spoil you but you have to see it! I couldn’t’ stop laughing, it’s a funny and smart film and the characters are really good.




Photobucket
005 the road

The Man: [to the boy] I will kill anyone who touches you. Because that's my job.


this film it’s quite amazing for the plot. It’s a post-apocalypse, a future dystopia with a father trying to live with his only son. I’m not really into this type of film but I have to see, this is really good and i’m now very curious to read the book.



Photobucket
006 alice in wonderland

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


it's a tim burton film, what am i supposed to hate? i don't even know what to say about this one. it's not my favourite but it's freaking amazing, like any tim burton film.




Photobucket
008 mary and max

Max: You are my best friend. You are my only friend.


this is probably the best animation film ever made. Isn’t for children – and I hate when people say that animation films are just for children - it’s really depressing at first, the characters are very cheerless but they find support in each other and a true friendship. It’s really sweet.



5 comentários:

  1. ontem vi o tangled e fiquei apaixonada, que filme bonito! *.*

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Entre a Alice e o Mundo Imaginário do Doutor Parnassus, não sei qual será o mais cativante, já para não falar da soberba e contagiante performance da Julianne Moore em de Single Man!Sem dúvida, óptimas escolhas.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Great post!!!
    Ai tenho de ver muitos ainda (:

    xoxo,
    Ivânia Diamond*

    ResponderEliminar
  4. @catarina é mesmo muito bonito, foi uma bela forma de acabar os filmes de princesas.

    @plast!c de facto, é uma escolha difícil. são ambos filmes de topo, na minha opinião. quanto à Julianne Moore no Single Man dou-te toda a razão. aliás, só gostaria que ela tivesse aparecido mais. obrigada. (;

    @Ivânia muito obrigada! vê, vê, não te vais arrepender, tenho a certeza.

    ResponderEliminar